Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Plank In My Eye

I subscribe to several email services that send you daily Bible passages. Within the last few days this same passage has been sent to me:

"Why do you look at the spec in your own eye but do not perceive the plank in your own eye?" Luke 6:41

Occassionally, I will notice God speaking to me through these passages. When I am particularly stressed about something (usually money), God will send me the verses I need to feel peace of mind again. Its amazing. But this time God is telling me to "get off my high horse and take a good, hard look at myself". When I was married the first timeI had become a very bitter, spiteful woman. I didn't like the woman I was at that time. When I met my current husband, I had been knocked off my pedistal and set "straight". I find myself climbing back up there again. The part I love most is the fact that my husband "gently" reminds me about what being a Christian is all about. Even when its the last thing I want to be reminded of. He tells me that this "stuff" just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. He is so right. I am so lucky to have him in my life. Although he credits me for his walk with Christ, he really is my spiritual leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment