Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers Day!

I lost my dad 13 years ago this past May25. Fathers Day doesn't get any easier. While I grew up as a child of divorce, I realize my dad did what he could in a world he knew nothing about. While he may not have been a good man to all he was a good dad to ME! When I bacame an adult is when he and I really became close. I miss our talks. I miss our walks. I miss my dad!! He was a wonderful grandpa, too! He couldn't wait to take my then 10 month old out on day trips. Sadly, he never got the chance. You are missed and loved, Thomas Francis Smith, Jr.

My husband had a good Fathers Day (I hope). He is a GREAT man and GREAT dad! I couldn't ask for a better father for my daughter or better stepfather for my other children. He treats all the kids as though they were his very own and was truly sad when he realized we wouldn't be getting the kids last night (Sunday's are usually our scheduled nights). I am so very blessed to have this man in my life. He teaches me so very much about life, laughing and God! Not necessarily in that order. So, thank you, dear, for coming into my life and showing me what a God centered marriage is all about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment